Almost a week out, I think I'm starting to gain perspective on my week of classes with Saraswathi Jois at Yoga East.
It was a wonderful week. Here are some thoughts and moments.
- The biggest obstacle in my practice is ME. I can do so much more than I think I can...or do.
- Guruji was so right: Ashtanga is not for lazy people. It's little crazy.
- I forgot how much I love mysore style class. I left feeling inspired to continue practicing with a goal to make it back to Yoga East for mysore this summer.
- Even when you think you've got ujjayi breathing going, you don't. Make your breath the #1 priority: "SOUND BREATHING" as Saraswathi would say.
- Her advice to me on headstand in the middle of the room? Simple: "You go up now."
- During her conference after the last day of class, someone asked her "How do you know the difference between physical pain and strong sensation?" Her answer: "You know."
There are so many other thoughts and stories from the classes. A great experience to say the least. If you'd like to see the full conference notes and photo album from the last class, head over to Yoga East's facebook page.