A week from today is my birthday and I'll be 32 years old. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who needs some cheering up right now. Enjoy.
1. Allie Lehman's 4th Annual Gift Swap. I'm participating this year and am so excited because, like she says in the post, this is a TANGIBLE way to spread love and support locally owned business right now. I highly recommend you check it out and participate.
2. Ta-Ku and Wafia's Tiny Desk Concert on NPR. Perfect yoga music y'all.
3. It's Candy Cane Joe-Joe season...plus these new little devils. I'm eating them recklessly.
4. Mari Andrew's instagram account. Adorable illustrations along with some great information for us.
5. The absurd fact that these teddy bears exist.
7. This animated illustration from We Mean Business
8. The fact that this whole thing has totally taken my mind off pregnancy and that my pregnancy has been pretty much uneventful so far. Let's keep it that way!
10. These Pecan Topped Sweet Potatoes. That first photo!
12. Beautiful and unexpected baby gifts from dear friends. Thank you Liz and Leslie!
13. Cover Girl doing their part in the way they can...I'm almost tempted to buy makeup now! JK
14. Bubble baths with lots of lavender oil.
15. It's almost time for holiday music. Josh Groban....I need you and your version of Little Drummer Boy in my life right now!
16. Westworld on HBO. We totally called the big twist on this week's episode. I knew it!
17. With all the craziness, I totally missed that Athleta was coming to Louisville and is now open! Dangerous, but so great to hear --- really love everything I've gotten there. Possibly better than lulu? Is that sacrilege?
18. We're almost a week out from the return of Gilmore Girls. This is EXACTLY what we need right now.
19. Today's episode of the What Should I Read podcast was an in-depth discussion of old school Babysitter's Club-- uh.....YES.
20. Dogs. All the dogs. Especially my own, but this corgi video never gets old. Ever.
21. John Oliver. His show is hard to watch, but necessary. Watch this clip and do what he says...if you can.
22. A new found appreciation for the things I have. I want or need for nothing and am very grateful.
24. I never have to do another Scholastic book fair ever again. We closed it up last Thursday and I AM DONE.
25. While they mostly just make me sad (because Obama's presidency is over), the Joe Biden memes have also made me laugh a lot and that means so much right now.
26. Rereading parts of All-of-a-Kind Family during silent reading time with the kids at work.
27. Yoga....DUH. While my practice is not at all what it once was six months ago, it still is a bright spot of every day.
28. And to go along with #27, my yoga students. Only two classes left before I go on maternity leave and I will miss them!
29. There were some wins for women in this election. Let's celebrate them,
30. Pirate's Booty. Just buy it, open it in the grocery parking lot, and eat it on the drive home...getting all that dust all over the place.
31. This little guy. He's been pretty funny lately and about to be a big brother!
32. The outpouring of support and enthusiasm for my new project, Nasty Women Midwest! I am excited by keeping this going and actually accomplishing something with it. If you want to sign-up for the newsletter, click here. And if you're on Facebook and want to be part of our closed group, click here.