Looking ahead to the March and April calendars has me a little excited/scared/tired already. Three trips to Asheville, spring break, book fair, book clubs, barre classes, end of school year shenanigans, and then prepping for Norway/Scotland trip. June is crazy because as soon as we get back, Art at the Old Capitol explodes into action. It's going to be a wild ride from here all the way through, so I'm getting geared now!
All good things -- I feel pretty lucky.
There are some things and habits I rely on when things get crazy and here is a bulleted list:
- Hot bath with Dr. Teal's Foaming Lavendar Bath. It's a staple for me.
- See above, but add a book (has to be something fairly light...I have trouble reading complex, heavy books when I'm busy elsewhere) and some bourbon...preferably with a little Cointreau and simple syrup.
- Jojoba + lavendar oil. At night before bed, I keep a little roller in my purse. It's the best.
- YOGA. Yeah, duh, I know. However, I make it a priority. I try to keep my personal practice going no matter what. It might look different, but I don't let it lapse.
- From the wise words of Tom and Donna, TREAT YO SELF. Sometimes you just got to go buy something, like these sneakers. Or this room spray. Or this top.
- Shower dance party. No matter how busy the day ahead, I make it a point to listen to some fun music while in the shower every morning. I know there are some logistics involved here, but trust me, it's worth it!
- And lastly, cuddling with these big softy...and trying not to get overwhelmed by the amount of hair left on the yoga pants afterwards #thestruggleisreal.