Today, Sunday, has been the most perfect rainy day ever. Pouring all day...chilly and perfect. Here's a list of things for you:
1. Currently reading Celeste Ng's new book, which is a page turner.
2. All the music. I have several recommendations here:
Miley Cyrus' new album, Younger Now
This song by RY X.
Birdtalker's EP Just This.
Spotify's Your Release Radar playlist. So good it's creepy. Oh and if you don't have Spotify....why not?!
3. This short from SNL made me LOL for real. Maybe a snort too.
4. We infused some Tito's with garlic and peppers from the garden and made some fantastic blood marys this past weekend. Too easy and so good. Infuse your vodkas!
5. Another beverage: 19 Crimes red blend. Easy to get and very yummy.
6. Roasted red pepper aioli for roasted potatoes at home. There is nothing we love more than the frites at The Exchange and I've started recreating that beloved dipping sauce using the following very exact (not at all) recipe:
In the blender or I've been using immersion blender because I'm lazy, put a couple pieces of roasted red pepper from a jar -- I use these from Trader Joe's. Add mayo, greek yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, and if you want to go all in, some feta cheese. BLEND and eat on crispy potato things like home fries or hashbrowns.
7. Curb Your Enthusiasm is back! And it's still funny!
8. This new cookbook for the guy's food. Such fun recipes.
9. Finally jumped full on board the Bullet Journal train and am enjoying it so far. I think getting this notebook is key though...the dot grid page system is a game changer.
10. The New Yorker's youtube channel. So many wonderful things to watch, but my favorite is this piece with Chimananda Ngozi Adichie.