This was such a good week! A quick list of things that are making life better lately:
- fresh flowers from Trader Joes
- Dorie Greenspan's World Peace Cookies. So incredibly easy to make and pretty good. We enjoyed them at book club and alas, world peace was not achieved...
- a fabulous display of rainbow soaps at Whole Foods. I need these immediately.
- some new maternity yoga pants that aren't terrible.
- Two books: Real Food/Fake Food: Why You Don't Know What You are Eating and What You Can Do About It by Larry Olmsted.
Olmsted is a bit pretentious, but if you can get past that, this book is a lot of...fun?! Yes some chapters are incredibly depressing (I'll save you the time: buying seafood is a minefield), but a lot are full of history and I have learned a lot.
The End We Start From by Megan Hunter. Wow. This tiny debut novella delivers a lot in such few pages. I would not read it if the possibility of dystopia due to global warming freaks you out. Ha! I loved it